Frequently Asked Questions
- Order Status
- Payment Options
- Promotion Codes
- Return Policies
- What are your general return policies?
- How do I return an item?
- How long will it take to process?
- How will my money be credited to me?
- Footwear. Can I return it?
- Underwear. Can I return it?
- Custom items. Can I return them?
- Semi-Custom items. Can I return them?
- Saddles. Can I try out and return them?
- International Order. Can I return it?
- Outlet Items. Can I return them?
- Horse Blankets. Can I return them?
- Equestrian Collections Warranty
- Why did I get a Store Credit?
- Shipping Information
- What is 1-Way & 2-Way Premium Shipping?
- How are shipping rates calculated?
- Do you ship internationally?
- What are the international rates?
- What are the Canada shipping rates?
- What is rate for Australia/Indonesia?
- What is rate for Asia?
- What is the rate for Europe?
- What is the rate for Middle East?
- What is Rate for Scandinavia & Spain?
- What is the rate for the Caribbean?
- What is the rate to India and Pakistan?
- What is the rate to Korea?
- What is the rate for South America?
- What is the rate for Mexico?
- What is rate for South Africa?
- What is rate for Russia/ Eastern Europe
- What is $175 Free Shipping All About?
- Can I have multiple shipping addresses?
- When will I receive my order?
- Can I expedite a shipment?
- Footwear to return. How do I do that?
- Saddle to return. How do I do that?
- How do I change my shipping address?
- When should I insure my package?
- I won't be home when my package arrives?
- What is a default shipping address?
- Where will my package ship from?
- What about Insurance?
- Are there any customs & duty involved?
- What are Free Shipping Products?
- What is Express Shopping?
- Can I track my order on line?
- Do I need to create an account to order?
- How do I order?
- How do I add items to my cart?
- How can I remove an item?
- How do I check out?
- Is the ordering process secure?
- What about shipping?
- What about taxes?
- What guarantees do you have?
- What payment methods to you accept?
- When will my order arrive?
- What is Express Shopping?
- How does the Myler Bit Rental Work?
- How do I edit my Credit Card?
- Credit Card Problems?
- Contact and Communication
- Recalls and Disclaimers
- Ways to Save
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
More About Equestrian Collections
- About Us
- About our website
- About our products
- About our brands
- About our customers
- Interested in Being One of Our Vendors?
Privacy and Security
- Your Privacy
- Your Security
- Children's Guidelines
Mount Up to Rewards
- Rewards for You
- About Mount Up to Rewards
Tips and Helpful Hints
- Tips for the Rider
- Choosing an Equestrian Sports Bra
- Boots, Boots, Boots - Which to Choose?!
- Riding Helmets & Safety Equipment
- Tips for Choosing a Winter Jacket
- Choosing Schooling Breeches
- Gifts for Your Trainer
- Fall Fashion Season!
- Getting Started: Equipment for Beginners
- About Full Seat Breeches
- Safety Tips for Hunting Season
- What to Wear to Your First Show!
- A-Circuit Trends on a Budget
- Made in the USA
- Fire Safety - Mitigation and Evacuation
- Your Fall Equestrian To-Do List
- Equestrian Undergarments
- Equestrian Fitness
- American vs Euro Sizing
- Tips for Horse
- Ask the Vet, Sallie S. Hyman VMD, DACVIM
- What do I do for an Equine Runny Nose?
- How do I Handle a Vaccine Reaction?
- What About Joint Supplements?
- How Hot is too Hot?
- Barn Biosecurity. Why it matters!
- Thrush. What is it? How do I treat it?
- Equine First Aid. What do I Need?
- Grazing Muzzles and Metabolic Syndrome
- Shoo Fly! Horses vs. Flies ...
- Equine Vital Signs. What's Normal?
- Sheath and Udder Cleaning
- Cribbing. How Do I Make it Stop?
- Saddle Pads. What Kind Should I Buy?
- Trailering 101
- Saddle Fitting
- To Blanket or Not to Blanket
- Equine Vaccination Basics
- Equine Leg Protection
- Mini Horse Health
- Equine Dental Health
- Stable Vices
- The Prepurchase Examination
- Foals: What to Watch For
- Pain Management
- Draft Horses
- Hay Basics
- Barn Safety
- Calming Supplements
- Cold Weather Riding
- Equine Hoof Abscesses
- Bute and Banamine
- Equine Internal Parasites
- Equine Endurance and Electrolytes
- Burn Injuries
- West Nile
- Cold Weather Care
- Cold Weather Care for the Senior Horse
- Equine Rhinitis Virus
- Equine Ulcers
- Rain Rot
- Fall Hazards: Red Maple Leaf Toxicity
- 2013 AAEP Convention
- "Heaves" What is it?
- Lyme Disease
- Holiday Hazards
- Fashion Focus
Super Sponsorship Affiliate Program
- Become a Super Sponsorship Affiliate
- Successful Sponsorship Affiliates are...
- Equestrian Non-Profits
- Equestrian Interest Portals
- Equestrian Community Sites
- Equestrian Dating Sites
- Equestrian Travel Sites
- Boarding & Training Barns
- Equestrian Content & Information Sites
- Equestrian Organization Sites - 1 level
- Equestrian Organization Sites - Multi
- Equestrian Clubs
- Horse Show Sites
- Equestrian Consumer Shows
- Equestrian Directories
- Equestrian Services Sites
- Equestrian College Sites
- How the Program Works for You...
- The Power of Super Sponsorship
- Monthly Payments
- Participation is Easy & Free
- Eco-Conscious Products
- Save Trees - No Catalogs
Troxel Safety Resource Center
Fashion Focus: An Interview with Laurie Sharma
This month we are thrilled to welcome Laurie Sharma, Head Designer and Co-Owner of JPC Equestrian, the largest manufacturer of equestrian apparel in the world. JPC is known throughout the horse community for their brands such as Equine Couture, and TuffRider.
Laurie: Goodness, thanks so much for the compliment. It sure is a thrill to see how popular our brands have become in the last couple of years. It wasn't too long ago when I would get so excited to see just a handful of people wearing our clothes! Now it seems that half the people showing here at Wellington are wearing them. Love it!
Laurie: I started Equine Couture eight years ago. I had just moved to Florida with my two horses. While shopping at a booth at the showgrounds, I fell in love with a Lily Pulitzer ribbon belt with palm trees. I nearly collapsed when I read the $75 price tag!
Looking back, it was the best $75 I ever spent. A few weeks later I was looking at that belt and thinking how cute it would be to have ribbon trim around the border of a saddle pad. Keep in mind, eight years ago, everything was plain, plain, plain, and extremely conservative. When I could not find one to purchase, I decided to make one myself.
Conveniently forgetting that I had basically flunked the portion of my home economics class where we had to sew potholders, I decided on a whim to go out and purchase an industrial sewing machine. It looked like something form grandma's attic, but the salesman assured me it was an oldie but a goodie. I then went the local fabric store and bought some cute, pretty gross grain ribbon.
Using all my existing saddle pads, I began sewing away! After about a week, I perfected my stitch. As I began riding on my saddle pads, fellow riders would stop me and ask where I got them. Soon I was taking orders. I then researched overseas suppliers to manufacture my own custom ribbons. I started making matching pads, ribbon belts, show shirts, and polo wraps.
In November of 2004, I set up a vendor booth at the National Horse Show here in Wellington. I was pleasantly surprised by the people swarming my booth. I was nearly sold out in a week. The following January, I purchased a vendor space at my first wholesale trade show ...
Laurie: TuffRider is our core brand and is known in the industry as one of the best quality breeches on the market for the best price. TuffRider styles are more basic for the entry level and /or every day affordable use. Equine Couture steps it ups a few notches, both price-wise and style-wise with more "bells and whistles" while still maintaining an affordable price for high end quality.
Laurie: I have always looked at current trends in the high fashion market and tailor those designs for the equestrian market. Especially when it comes to using our custom blends of technical fabrics - we are uniquely able to create these because we have our own factories.
Laurie: Honestly, I design what I and my family would like. Timmy, my husband and business partner, is a polo player so I love designing cool, equestrian-type styles for him. Our daughter, who is six years old, started showing last year. This technique works well in enabling us to cover all genres and age-groups!
Laurie: This has been a gift. I honestly cannot take any credit. I didn't go to school to study design or business; I was actually a pre-Vet major. All I can say is that this has truly been a God given talent that I didn't even realize I possessed. It wasn't until I thought of that one ribbon trim saddle pad idea that the rest just followed. I do have a unique ability to see certain designs and colors in high fashion garments, displays, bill boards, buildings (really anything!) and incorporate it into equestrian clothing.
Laurie: We believe Equine Couture and TuffRider will not only retain their strong positions within the industry, but will further growth within the market's leadership position. Our efforts will be to bring innovative designs and products at affordable prices to riders at all price points. We have been the largest manufacturer of riding breeches in the world for several years, and plan to extend this leadership position to other apparel areas such as shirts, outerwear and horse clothing.
Laurie: Our biggest asset is actually owning our factories. We are able to bring the synergy and strength of a a vertically integrated business to our brand. Our ability to make custom fabrics and to have a complete design and development facility in our factory in India allows us us to bring new and interesting products to market quickly. We have a very effective sales team and we are able to market feedback on our products very quickly. Our strength ha become the reduced cycle time between conception and introduction of new products for our customers. Plus, we have little or no risk in having to deal with the typical oversees high minimum orders.
Laurie: When Timmy bought my company in 2006,
- Company Info
- About Equestrian Collections
- About our Website
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Testimonials
- Rewards Program
- Join the Mount Up to Rewards Program
- Rewards for You
- Affiliate Program
- Become an Equestrian Collections Affiliate
- Sponsorships & Fundraising
- My Account
- Order Tracking
- Returns and Exchanges
- Shipping Info
- We Care
- Eco-Conscious Products
- No Paper Catalogs - Save Trees