A Guide to Choosing the Right Equestrian Riding Boot for You
Selecting the best horse riding boots to suit your riding discipline and budget can be challenging if you are new to riding. The sheer amount of choices can be daunting. There is a wide range of riding boots for every rider- hunter, event, show and even casual riders need the proper equestrian footwear to ensure the best and safest possible riding experience.
Finding the right style riding boot for you, for the kind of riding that you do within YOUR budget is easy on Equestrian Collections.
Select by Riding Style:
The first consideration should be based on the style of horseback riding you will be doing:
- Schooling - Paddock Boots are popular, though many people prefer to school in the same boots they show in.
- Trail Riding - Sneaker Style Boots and Paddock Boots for English riders and Western Boots for Western riders
- Hunter/Jumper Shows - Field Boots, although Dress Boots are technically permissible too
- Dressage Shows - Dress boots and Dressage Boots. Dressage boots have a stiffened back and do not tend to drop as much at the ankle.
- Eventing Shows - Dress boots and/or Field boots. Some riders wear Field boots for Cross Country and Stadium and switch to Dress or Dressage boots for the Dressage portion of the show.
- Hunting - Either Dress or Field boots are appropriate
- Western Riding - Western Boots come in a variety of styles from Western Dress Boots, to the popular Roper Style Boots
If in doubt, you can narrow your search by Discipline and we will have done the work for you.
Select by Brand:
Many riders know a particular brand of riding boots fits them well in the foot and, in the case of tall riding boots, in the leg. Popular nationally know brands of riding boots are Ariat
, Mountain Horse
, Perri's Leather
If there is a brand that you like, you can narrow your search by Brand at any time. All available brands will show as choices, so you don't have to remember or know all the brands.
Select by Price Range:
You can select a price range for your riding boots at any point during your selection process on Equestrian Collections. You can also display your options by price - high to low and low to high. Finding the right style of riding boot for you, for the kind of riding that you do within YOUR budget
Winter Riding Boots:
Winter riding requires good winter riding boots
- either thermal tall boots
or insulated paddock boots
. Like regular snow boots, winter riding boots will keep your feet warmer and dry and provide better traction on the snow and ice, but unlike bulky snow boots, they still allow you to fit your foot in the stirrup.