Men's Riding Helmets
Wear a Helmet. Every Time; Every Ride
Horseback Riding Helmets have come a long way since the velvet "hard hats" of yesteryear. English Show Helmets maintain the traditional look of the velvet hunt cap, but are padded, comfortable, vented for airflow and MUCH safer than the old caps. For the schooling rider, Troxel , Ovation and many other brands have large selections of reasonably priced schooling helmets, many which have adjustable fits so your young rider will not grow out of them in a single season.
And the Western rider is no longer left out in regards to helmets. Western Riding Helmets are required in many youth and speed events, and increasingly even the adults are donning helmets for rodeo events.
Some things to consider when choosing a helmet:
- Soft padding, fancier decorations and higher tech materials don't necessarily mean you have a safer helmet.
- Helmets need to be replaced every two to five years, depending on how frequently you ride.
- ALWAYS replace your helmet after an accident. You may not see damage, but there could be microscopic cracks that affect its safety performance
- Some helmets feel heavier than others, but the actual weight difference is minimal.
- All Departments
- The Rider
- Horse Apparel
- Health Care
- Sales & Clearance
- GIFT CENTRAL
- Company Info
- About Equestrian Collections
- About our Website
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- [+] Give feedback about our site.
- Rewards Program
- Join the Mount Up to Rewards Program
- Rewards for You
- Affiliate Program
- Become an Equestrian Collections Affiliate
- My Account
- Order Tracking
- Returns and Exchanges
- Shipping Info
- We Care
- Eco-Conscious Products
- No Paper Catalogs - Save Trees