- Express (8)
Shop for Ladies' Casual Riding Jackets
Protect Yourself from the Elements with Jackets Designed for RidingShop for Ladies Riding Jackets
Why Do I Need a Jacket Designed for Riding?
- The length of your coat will be short enough that it won't interfere with the saddle, or will have a single or double back vent to ensure that it lays nicely over the saddle. No more sitting on Your Coat!
- Most Coats have a double zipper in the front that also allows it to lay to the side of the saddle rather than bunching up in the front.
Modern materials, designs, and features have rendered the jackets of yesteryear obsolete. Today's riding jackets are made for our equestrian sport - they breathe better, stay drier and warmer, and are lighter in weight. They are also loaded with features to give you the most convenient and comfortable fit while supporting you in any type of equestrian activity. Most also look good enough that you can wear them from barn on to your busy day.
1 Closeout from $134.95
1 Closeout from $216.95
1 Closeout from $41.95
1 Closeout from $50.95
What weight Riding Jacket do I need?
Heavy Jackets and Parkas: For hours out of doors in really frigid temperatures, you'll need a Heavy Jacket or Parka. These "super duty" coats are designed to keep you warm and dry down to sub-zero temperatures. Many of these parkas are "Layer Systems" which allow you to add or remove layers depending upon the weather.
Medium Weight Jackets: Of course, most equestrians don't ride daily in sub zero temps and snow! What most of us need is a good Medium Weight Jacket. These work horses of outerwear will be your go-to jackets for most winter riding. Some of these depend on softshell bonded fabric which is wind resistant on the outside and soft fleece on the inside. Others, use traditional equestrian quilting to add lightweight insulation.
Light Weight Jackets: Are you one of those lucky equestrians on the West Coast, or South East that never really have cold days? For you we have Light Weight Jackets! Generally fitted, with light insulation, and flexible "rider friendly" features. These light coats are ideal for anyone between seasons, or to cut the chill on a cloudy day.
For more information on selecting a winter jacket for riding, see our Buying Guide.
- Company Info
- About Equestrian Collections
- About our Website
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Testimonials
- Rewards Program
- Join the Mount Up to Rewards Program
- Rewards for You
- Affiliate Program
- Become an Equestrian Collections Affiliate
- Sponsorships & Fundraising
- My Account
- Order Tracking
- Returns and Exchanges
- Shipping Info
- We Care
- Eco-Conscious Products
- No Paper Catalogs - Save Trees