The Best Selling Equine Leg Care Product In The World!
The Professional's Choice SMB II Sports Medicine Boots have protected countless performance horses over the years in every imaginable event, including polo, jumping, reining, barrel racing, endurance, working cow horse and many others. For many horses, these boots have meant the difference between an extended career and periodic or permanent injuries. Its no wonder there have been numerous attempts to copy them. Sold in pairs.
Made from limestone-based neoprene, the Sports Medicine Boots II (SMB II) are the longest lasting boots available on the market today. Limestone neoprene is shown to resist aging caused by exposure to the elements, such as direct sunlight, moisture, and dirt better than petroleum based neoprene. Also, the SMB II is the only boot on the market with an antimicrobial inner-lining to help prevent skin diseases.
SMB II’s were designed to absorb a portion of the energy generated as the hoof impacts the ground. The more energy absorbed, the less energy available to deform and injure the soft tissues of the limb. SMB II’s provide the highest proven levels of shock absorption, and help to prevent injuries associated with hyperextension of the fetlock. Scientific testing at Oklahoma State University showed that the SMB II absorbs up to 45% of hoof concussion energy on some horses. Eight times more than traditional bandages!
Sports Medicine Boot II Sizing:
To ensure maximum protection for your horse, we recommend careful and accurate size selection for SMB IIs. The boots can be used on either front or rear legs. Generally, horses need one size larger for rear legs. The majority of mature, medium boned horses will need 100’s on the front legs and 200’s on the rear legs.
Professional's Choice SMB II Boots offer:
- 3 fold protection; exterior leg, energy absorption and suspensory supporty
- Limestone-based neoprene with Ultrashock lining
- The more you use these boots, the better the fit, function and shock absorbing ability
- Antimicrobial lining
- Various colors and sizes available
- Hand wash
- Follow good medical and practical horse management procedures
- Designed for use during exercise and movement. These are not standing boots.
- Clean with stiff brush after each use
- A very small number of horse may develop and allergic reaction to the neoprene. In the unlikely event of this happening, discontinue use and consult a veterinarian.