Frequently Asked Questions
- Order Status
- Payment Options
- Promotion Codes
- Return Policies
- What are your general return policies?
- How do I return an item?
- How long will it take to process?
- How will my money be credited to me?
- Footwear. Can I return it?
- Underwear. Can I return it?
- Custom items. Can I return them?
- Semi-Custom items. Can I return them?
- Saddles. Can I try out and return them?
- International Order. Can I return it?
- Outlet Items. Can I return them?
- Horse Blankets. Can I return them?
- Equestrian Collections Warranty
- Why did I get a Store Credit?
- Shipping Information
- What is 1-Way & 2-Way Premium Shipping?
- How are shipping rates calculated?
- Do you ship internationally?
- What are the international rates?
- What are the Canada shipping rates?
- What is rate for Australia/Indonesia?
- What is rate for Asia?
- What is the rate for Europe?
- What is the rate for Middle East?
- What is Rate for Scandinavia & Spain?
- What is the rate for the Caribbean?
- What is the rate to India and Pakistan?
- What is the rate to Korea?
- What is the rate for South America?
- What is the rate for Mexico?
- What is rate for South Africa?
- What is rate for Russia/ Eastern Europe
- What is $200 Free Shipping All About?
- Can I have multiple shipping addresses?
- When will I receive my order?
- Can I expedite a shipment?
- Footwear to return. How do I do that?
- Saddle to return. How do I do that?
- How do I change my shipping address?
- When should I insure my package?
- I won't be home when my package arrives?
- What is a default shipping address?
- Where will my package ship from?
- What about Insurance?
- Are there any customs & duty involved?
- What are Free Shipping Products?
- What is Express Shopping?
- Can I track my order on line?
- Do I need to create an account to order?
- How do I order?
- How do I add items to my cart?
- How can I remove an item?
- How do I check out?
- Is the ordering process secure?
- What about shipping?
- What about taxes?
- What guarantees do you have?
- What payment methods to you accept?
- When will my order arrive?
- What is Express Shopping?
- What are Blowout Products?
- How does the Myler Bit Rental Work?
- How do I edit my Credit Card?
- Credit Card Problems?
- Contact and Communication
- Recalls and Disclaimers
- Ways to Save
- EC Auctions
- Specials and Coupons
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
More About Equestrian Collections
- About Us
- About our website
- About our products
- About our brands
- About our customers
- Interested in Being One of Our Vendors?
Privacy and Security
- Your Privacy
- Your Security
- Children's Guidelines
Mount Up to Rewards
- Rewards for You
- About Mount Up to Rewards
Tips and Helpful Hints
- Tips for the Rider
- Choosing an Equestrian Sports Bra
- Boots, Boots, Boots - Which to Choose?!
- Riding Helmets & Safety Equipment
- Tips for Choosing a Winter Jacket
- Choosing Schooling Breeches
- Gifts for Your Trainer
- Fall Fashion Season!
- Getting Started: Equipment for Beginners
- About Full Seat Breeches
- Safety Tips for Hunting Season
- What to Wear to Your First Show!
- A-Circuit Trends on a Budget
- Made in the USA
- Fire Safety - Mitigation and Evacuation
- Your Fall Equestrian To-Do List
- Equestrian Undergarments
- Equestrian Fitness
- Tips for Horse
- Ask the Vet, Sallie S. Hyman VMD, DACVIM
- What do I do for an Equine Runny Nose?
- How do I Handle a Vaccine Reaction?
- What About Joint Supplements?
- How Hot is too Hot?
- Barn Biosecurity. Why it matters!
- Thrush. What is it? How do I treat it?
- Equine First Aid. What do I Need?
- Grazing Muzzles and Metabolic Syndrome
- Shoo Fly! Horses vs. Flies ...
- Equine Vital Signs. What's Normal?
- Sheath and Udder Cleaning
- Cribbing. How Do I Make it Stop?
- Saddle Pads. What Kind Should I Buy?
- Trailering 101
- Saddle Fitting
- To Blanket or Not to Blanket
- Equine Vaccination Basics
- Equine Leg Protection
- Mini Horse Health
- Equine Dental Health
- Stable Vices
- The Prepurchase Examination
- Foals: What to Watch For
- Pain Management
- Draft Horses
- Hay Basics
- Barn Safety
- Calming Supplements
- Cold Weather Riding
- Equine Hoof Abscesses
- Bute and Banamine
- Equine Internal Parasites
- Equine Endurance and Electrolytes
- Burn Injuries
- West Nile
- Cold Weather Care
- Cold Weather Care for the Senior Horse
- Equine Rhinitis Virus
- Equine Ulcers
- Rain Rot
- Fall Hazards: Red Maple Leaf Toxicity
- 2013 AAEP Convention
- "Heaves" What is it?
- Lyme Disease
- Fashion Focus
Super Sponsorship Affiliate Program
- Become a Super Sponsorship Affiliate
- Successful Sponsorship Affiliates are...
- Equestrian Non-Profits
- Equestrian Interest Portals
- Equestrian Community Sites
- Equestrian Dating Sites
- Equestrian Travel Sites
- Boarding & Training Barns
- Equestrian Content & Information Sites
- Equestrian Organization Sites - 1 level
- Equestrian Organization Sites - Multi
- Equestrian Clubs
- Horse Show Sites
- Equestrian Consumer Shows
- Equestrian Directories
- Equestrian Services Sites
- Equestrian College Sites
- How the Program Works for You...
- The Power of Super Sponsorship
- Monthly Payments
- Participation is Easy & Free
- Equestrian Collections Gives
- Eco-Conscious Products
- Save Trees - No Catalogs
Troxel Safety Resource Center
Tips for the Rider: Choosing an Equestrian Sports Bra
CHOOSING A GOOD EQUESTRIAN SPORTS BRA
One of the best investments in comfort and looks for any female rider is a well-fitting, supportive sports bra.
With every step your horse takes, shock waves travel through your horse, to you. Also, your horse's impulsion, forward and up is also transferred through you... you, in essence, become an extension of your horse.
Most places in your body, the effects of all of this can be reduced by you with conscious effort using your muscles and ligaments. Your breasts, however have no anatomical means of limiting the effects of the pounding and the momentum. So, they bounce.
Bounce can cause permanent tissue damage and can be painful and distracting. In most areas of equitation, stillness through control is a goal. Therefore, from a personal and a sport-related point of view, stilling the bounce is the objective of most women riders.
Bounce is greatly decreased by the use of a well-fitting sports bra designed for high impact sports. This should be considered as an essential part of your riding wardrobe.
HIGH IMPACT SPORTS BRA
Riding is a high impact sport. Therefore, when choosing a bra for riding, discount sports bras that are indicated for Low or Medium Impact sports. They just won't give you enough support to eliminate the bounce - even if you have a small bra size. Lingerie/Fashion bras, equally, won't do the job for you.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD EQUESTRIAN SPORTS BRA?
A good sports bra suitable for riding provides superior breast support, comfort, breathability and moisture control.
SupportA good sport bra minimizes breast movement in one of two ways: By compression, where the breasts are held against the chest wall to limit motion; or encapsulation, in which the bra is engineered to surround and support the breasts. Sometimes one bra uses both techniques .If you're a small- or medium-breasted woman (A to C cup), a compression style bra will offer support and comfort. Or if you prefer, you can choose a bra that offers encapsulation for shaping as well as support.
If you're a larger-breasted woman (C to DD cup) you may find encapsulating styles that separate and support your breasts more comfortable and more supportive than compression bras. For maximum support, choose a sport bra that does both.ComfortA good riding sports bra should feel comfortable on, stay in place, and not chafe. The straps shouldn't dig into the shoulders nor should they fall off the shoulders as you rider. Nothing is more distracting than having your bra strap slip while you are riding up to a fence! The band around the lower chest shouldn't shift up or bind. Proportions and contours should be designed for the freedom of movement that you need while riding without binding, twisting or chafing. Soft, plush threads will minimize skin irritation.
Moisture Control and BreathabilityRiding is a strenuous sport, and not matter what the weather, you will likely perspire while you ride. A good equestrian sports bra will wick sweat away from your skin and then dry quickly, and it will be breathable, allowing perspiration and excess heat to pass through. A good sport bra will keep you cooler and drier when it's hot, and drier and warmer when it's cold.Good looks too!An added bonus not mentioned on the label of most sports bras is the impovement in the overall look of the garments worn over the bra! You will find that
- Company Info
- About Equestrian Collections
- About our Website
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Testimonials
- Rewards Program
- Join the Mount Up to Rewards Program
- Rewards for You
- Affiliate Program
- Become an Equestrian Collections Affiliate
- Sponsorships & Fundraising
- My Account
- Order Tracking
- Returns and Exchanges
- Shipping Info
- We Care
- Eco-Conscious Products
- No Paper Catalogs - Save Trees