Frequently Asked Questions
- Order Status
- Payment Options
- Promotion Codes
- Return Policies
- What are your general return policies?
- How do I return an item?
- How long will it take to process?
- How will my money be credited to me?
- Footwear. Can I return it?
- Underwear. Can I return it?
- Custom items. Can I return them?
- Semi-Custom items. Can I return them?
- Saddles. Can I try out and return them?
- International Order. Can I return it?
- Outlet Items. Can I return them?
- Horse Blankets. Can I return them?
- Equestrian Collections Warranty
- Why did I get a Store Credit?
- Shipping Information
- What is 1-Way & 2-Way Premium Shipping?
- How are shipping rates calculated?
- Do you ship internationally?
- What are the international rates?
- What are the Canada shipping rates?
- What is rate for Australia/Indonesia?
- What is rate for Asia?
- What is the rate for Europe?
- What is the rate for Middle East?
- What is Rate for Scandinavia & Spain?
- What is the rate for the Caribbean?
- What is the rate to India and Pakistan?
- What is the rate to Korea?
- What is the rate for South America?
- What is the rate for Mexico?
- What is rate for South Africa?
- What is rate for Russia/ Eastern Europe
- What is $200 Free Shipping All About?
- Can I have multiple shipping addresses?
- When will I receive my order?
- Can I expedite a shipment?
- Footwear to return. How do I do that?
- Saddle to return. How do I do that?
- How do I change my shipping address?
- When should I insure my package?
- I won't be home when my package arrives?
- What is a default shipping address?
- Where will my package ship from?
- What about Insurance?
- Are there any customs & duty involved?
- What are Free Shipping Products?
- What is Express Shopping?
- Can I track my order on line?
- Do I need to create an account to order?
- How do I order?
- How do I add items to my cart?
- How can I remove an item?
- How do I check out?
- Is the ordering process secure?
- What about shipping?
- What about taxes?
- What guarantees do you have?
- What payment methods to you accept?
- When will my order arrive?
- What is Express Shopping?
- What are Blowout Products?
- How does the Myler Bit Rental Work?
- How do I edit my Credit Card?
- Credit Card Problems?
- Contact and Communication
- Recalls and Disclaimers
- Ways to Save
- EC Auctions
- Specials and Coupons
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
More About Equestrian Collections
- About Us
- About our website
- About our products
- About our brands
- About our customers
- Interested in Being One of Our Vendors?
Privacy and Security
- Your Privacy
- Your Security
- Children's Guidelines
Mount Up to Rewards
- Rewards for You
- About Mount Up to Rewards
Tips and Helpful Hints
- Tips for the Rider
- Choosing an Equestrian Sports Bra
- Boots, Boots, Boots - Which to Choose?!
- Riding Helmets & Safety Equipment
- Tips for Choosing a Winter Jacket
- Choosing Schooling Breeches
- Gifts for Your Trainer
- Fall Fashion Season!
- Getting Started: Equipment for Beginners
- About Full Seat Breeches
- Safety Tips for Hunting Season
- What to Wear to Your First Show!
- A-Circuit Trends on a Budget
- Made in the USA
- Fire Safety - Mitigation and Evacuation
- Your Fall Equestrian To-Do List
- Equestrian Undergarments
- Equestrian Fitness
- Tips for Horse
- Ask the Vet, Sallie S. Hyman VMD, DACVIM
- What do I do for an Equine Runny Nose?
- How do I Handle a Vaccine Reaction?
- What About Joint Supplements?
- How Hot is too Hot?
- Barn Biosecurity. Why it matters!
- Thrush. What is it? How do I treat it?
- Equine First Aid. What do I Need?
- Grazing Muzzles and Metabolic Syndrome
- Shoo Fly! Horses vs. Flies ...
- Equine Vital Signs. What's Normal?
- Sheath and Udder Cleaning
- Cribbing. How Do I Make it Stop?
- Saddle Pads. What Kind Should I Buy?
- Trailering 101
- Saddle Fitting
- To Blanket or Not to Blanket
- Equine Vaccination Basics
- Equine Leg Protection
- Mini Horse Health
- Equine Dental Health
- Stable Vices
- The Prepurchase Examination
- Foals: What to Watch For
- Pain Management
- Draft Horses
- Hay Basics
- Barn Safety
- Calming Supplements
- Cold Weather Riding
- Equine Hoof Abscesses
- Bute and Banamine
- Equine Internal Parasites
- Equine Endurance and Electrolytes
- Burn Injuries
- West Nile
- Cold Weather Care
- Cold Weather Care for the Senior Horse
- Equine Rhinitis Virus
- Equine Ulcers
- Rain Rot
- Fall Hazards: Red Maple Leaf Toxicity
- 2013 AAEP Convention
- "Heaves" What is it?
- Lyme Disease
- Fashion Focus
Super Sponsorship Affiliate Program
- Become a Super Sponsorship Affiliate
- Successful Sponsorship Affiliates are...
- Equestrian Non-Profits
- Equestrian Interest Portals
- Equestrian Community Sites
- Equestrian Dating Sites
- Equestrian Travel Sites
- Boarding & Training Barns
- Equestrian Content & Information Sites
- Equestrian Organization Sites - 1 level
- Equestrian Organization Sites - Multi
- Equestrian Clubs
- Horse Show Sites
- Equestrian Consumer Shows
- Equestrian Directories
- Equestrian Services Sites
- Equestrian College Sites
- How the Program Works for You...
- The Power of Super Sponsorship
- Monthly Payments
- Participation is Easy & Free
- Equestrian Collections Gives
- Eco-Conscious Products
- Save Trees - No Catalogs
Troxel Safety Resource Center
Tips for the Rider: About Full Seat Breeches
SAVVY SHOPPER BUYER'S GUIDE ON FULL SEAT BREECHES
Full Seat Breeches have an insert that runs from below the waist at the back of the breech, across the seat and down the inside of both legs. This gives fuller protection from rubbing than a knee patch breech that has reinforced areas only above and below the knee area.
FULL SEAT MATERIALS
The full seat of the breech can be of a number of different materials, each giving a different level of protection and grip, as well as setting the price point of the breech you are buying:
The same fabric as the breech itself. This will usually provide extra protection but little extra grip. It is usually the least expensive approach.
Clarino or other synthetic suedeWith the look and feel of sueded leather, there are many different branded synthetic suedes. All give a good degree of extra protection against rubbing and increase the grip of the breech in the saddle.Something to remember is that most synthetic suede full seats have no ability to stretch in any direction. So, you have a non-stretch fabric built onto a garment that usually has two or even four-way stretch. This will often lead to a slight difference in fit between a knee patch and a full seat version of the same brand of breech.The advantage of the Clarino-type full seat is that it is washable and can be dried at a low heat in your dryer and that it tends to keep the price point of your breech in the mid regions.
Some great synthetic seat breeches to try out : Irideon , Goode Rider, Tuffrider , RomfhLeatherLeather full seats are prized for their grip, and with the correct care, their look and feel as they age. They can be made of cow hide or deer skin and have a certain amount of natural stretch.Most leather full seats are washable following their manufacturer's care instructions. Special leather washes and detergents are generally required to wash leather at home. Leather seats will usually place your breech in the higher price points and are often paired with the more expensive European breech fabrics.
For leather seats, check out: Ovation Euroweave Leather and FITS Breeches.
Check out new approaches that combine Leather seats with other fabrics, or that break up or perforate the leather to make it breathable and flexible. Some new technology brands to check out - FITS and Kerrits.
Once again, you will find a range of breech fabrics being used for your full seat breeches... In many cases the type of weather and temperatures you will be riding in will dictate the type of fabric you want.
Cool and Comfortable:
Full seat breeches can be HOT. If you are riding in summer time, or in temperate climates, you will want breech fabric that keeps you cool and does not hold moisture. For Full Seat Breeches that Beat the Heat, chose breeches with clarino seats and micro fiber fabric, in light weights.
Warm and Toasty:
The training doesn't stop in winter and neither should you! Equestrian Collections offers a wide range of Winter Full Seat Breeches that will keep you warm, while allowing you to school and train to the same level you do in the summer. Depending on the severity of the climate you live in, you may want a medium weight breech made of powerstretch fabric, or a super heavy duty, snow proof over pants.
Full seat breeches come in a variety of styles that you can choose from to suit your needs - schooling, show or pleasure, there is a full seat breech out there for you!
Zipped Full Seats
Full Seat Breeches come with Front Zips or Side Zips. The most formal style of full seat features a high waist and white fabric, to be worn with a Shadbelly. While more casual and schooling breeches will come with a fashionable lower rise and fun colors and patterns.Pull On Full Seats
For schooling and pleasure riding, Full Seat Pull-On Breeches can be an excellent choice. As choices widen, you can even get a low-rise pull-on style!
Not too long ago, the full seat breech in formal colors was the staple of the dressage and event rider. Full seats were serious and definitely not considered a fashion item. Well forget that now! Full seat breeches come in a giddy variety of fun colors with eye-catching full seats that demand attention. You can see stripes, plaids, prints, paisleys - there seems to be no limit to the imagination! Many brands now have figured that women like outfits, so we are also seeing coordinating socks, tops, belts and even horse gear to match our fancy of the day!! Equine Couture does an extensive collection of matching horse and rider gear that will work for the dressage rider. For
- Company Info
- About Equestrian Collections
- About our Website
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Testimonials
- Rewards Program
- Join the Mount Up to Rewards Program
- Rewards for You
- Affiliate Program
- Become an Equestrian Collections Affiliate
- Sponsorships & Fundraising
- My Account
- Order Tracking
- Returns and Exchanges
- Shipping Info
- We Care
- Eco-Conscious Products
- No Paper Catalogs - Save Trees