Frequently Asked Questions
- Order Status
- Payment Options
- Promotion Codes
- Return Policies
- What are your general return policies?
- How do I return an item?
- How long will it take to process?
- How will my money be credited to me?
- Footwear. Can I return it?
- Underwear. Can I return it?
- Custom items. Can I return them?
- Semi-Custom items. Can I return them?
- Saddles. Can I try out and return them?
- International Order. Can I return it?
- Outlet Items. Can I return them?
- Horse Blankets. Can I return them?
- Equestrian Collections Warranty
- Why did I get a Store Credit?
- Shipping Information
- What is 1-Way & 2-Way Premium Shipping?
- How are shipping rates calculated?
- Do you ship internationally?
- What are the international rates?
- What are the Canada shipping rates?
- What is rate for Australia/Indonesia?
- What is rate for Asia?
- What is the rate for Europe?
- What is the rate for Middle East?
- What is Rate for Scandinavia & Spain?
- What is the rate for the Caribbean?
- What is the rate to India and Pakistan?
- What is the rate to Korea?
- What is the rate for South America?
- What is the rate for Mexico?
- What is rate for South Africa?
- What is rate for Russia/ Eastern Europe
- What is $200 Free Shipping All About?
- Can I have multiple shipping addresses?
- When will I receive my order?
- Can I expedite a shipment?
- Footwear to return. How do I do that?
- Saddle to return. How do I do that?
- How do I change my shipping address?
- When should I insure my package?
- I won't be home when my package arrives?
- What is a default shipping address?
- Where will my package ship from?
- What about Insurance?
- Are there any customs & duty involved?
- What are Free Shipping Products?
- What is Express Shopping?
- Can I track my order on line?
- Do I need to create an account to order?
- How do I order?
- How do I add items to my cart?
- How can I remove an item?
- How do I check out?
- Is the ordering process secure?
- What about shipping?
- What about taxes?
- What guarantees do you have?
- What payment methods to you accept?
- When will my order arrive?
- What is Express Shopping?
- What are Blowout Products?
- How does the Myler Bit Rental Work?
- How do I edit my Credit Card?
- Credit Card Problems?
- Contact and Communication
- Recalls and Disclaimers
- Ways to Save
- EC Auctions
- Specials and Coupons
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
More About Equestrian Collections
- About Us
- About our website
- About our products
- About our brands
- About our customers
- Interested in Being One of Our Vendors?
Privacy and Security
- Your Privacy
- Your Security
- Children's Guidelines
Mount Up to Rewards
- Rewards for You
- About Mount Up to Rewards
Tips and Helpful Hints
- Tips for the Rider
- Choosing an Equestrian Sports Bra
- Boots, Boots, Boots - Which to Choose?!
- Riding Helmets & Safety Equipment
- Tips for Choosing a Winter Jacket
- Choosing Schooling Breeches
- Gifts for Your Trainer
- Fall Fashion Season!
- Getting Started: Equipment for Beginners
- About Full Seat Breeches
- Safety Tips for Hunting Season
- What to Wear to Your First Show!
- A-Circuit Trends on a Budget
- Made in the USA
- Fire Safety - Mitigation and Evacuation
- Your Fall Equestrian To-Do List
- Equestrian Undergarments
- Equestrian Fitness
- Tips for Horse
- Ask the Vet, Sallie S. Hyman VMD, DACVIM
- What do I do for an Equine Runny Nose?
- How do I Handle a Vaccine Reaction?
- What About Joint Supplements?
- How Hot is too Hot?
- Barn Biosecurity. Why it matters!
- Thrush. What is it? How do I treat it?
- Equine First Aid. What do I Need?
- Grazing Muzzles and Metabolic Syndrome
- Shoo Fly! Horses vs. Flies ...
- Equine Vital Signs. What's Normal?
- Sheath and Udder Cleaning
- Cribbing. How Do I Make it Stop?
- Saddle Pads. What Kind Should I Buy?
- Trailering 101
- Saddle Fitting
- To Blanket or Not to Blanket
- Equine Vaccination Basics
- Equine Leg Protection
- Mini Horse Health
- Equine Dental Health
- Stable Vices
- The Prepurchase Examination
- Foals: What to Watch For
- Pain Management
- Draft Horses
- Hay Basics
- Barn Safety
- Calming Supplements
- Cold Weather Riding
- Equine Hoof Abscesses
- Bute and Banamine
- Equine Internal Parasites
- Equine Endurance and Electrolytes
- Burn Injuries
- West Nile
- Cold Weather Care
- Cold Weather Care for the Senior Horse
- Equine Rhinitis Virus
- Equine Ulcers
- Rain Rot
- Fall Hazards: Red Maple Leaf Toxicity
- 2013 AAEP Convention
- "Heaves" What is it?
- Lyme Disease
- Fashion Focus
Super Sponsorship Affiliate Program
- Become a Super Sponsorship Affiliate
- Successful Sponsorship Affiliates are...
- Equestrian Non-Profits
- Equestrian Interest Portals
- Equestrian Community Sites
- Equestrian Dating Sites
- Equestrian Travel Sites
- Boarding & Training Barns
- Equestrian Content & Information Sites
- Equestrian Organization Sites - 1 level
- Equestrian Organization Sites - Multi
- Equestrian Clubs
- Horse Show Sites
- Equestrian Consumer Shows
- Equestrian Directories
- Equestrian Services Sites
- Equestrian College Sites
- How the Program Works for You...
- The Power of Super Sponsorship
- Monthly Payments
- Participation is Easy & Free
- Equestrian Collections Gives
- Eco-Conscious Products
- Save Trees - No Catalogs
Troxel Safety Resource Center
Fashion Focus: Interview with Bob Bitzer
Meet Bob Bitzer of Heritage Gloves
Today, we have the pleasure of talking with Bob Bitzer of Heritage Gloves about the technology behind the Heritage equestrian glove line.
EQC: Bob, how did Heritage get into the equestrian glove market?
Bob Bitzer: My wife and I have owned horses for more than 30 years. Our youngest daughter was about 12 years old and starting to compete in hunter/jumper events. We were spending a lot of money on show clothes and I started to look at the poor quality of show gloves that was available on the market. With our sport glove manufacturing background I knew we could do much better. So we decided to start Heritage Gloves. Originally it was just to cover the expenses of showing at events and training, but the company grew into so much more. I guess a lot of people out there felt the same way as I did about a limited select of quality gloves on the market. The timing was right for something new like us.
EQC: What functionality did you consider when first sitting down at the drawing board, so to speak?
Bob Bitzer: The quality of material and fit were the two key areas we focused on. We knew what was going to make Heritage different from the others was better quality and improved fit.
EQC: Why should riders consider buying a glove specifically designed for riding? Even down to the discipline they ride?
Bob Bitzer: Riding gloves are designed to protect your hands and increase your grip on the reins so that you have better control of your horse. Our gloves are designed to be task specific for each type of discipline.
EQC: How do you choose which fabrics you make your Heritage gloves from? Are you inspired by other sports?
Bob Bitzer: Due to our 30 years of experience in sport glove manufacturing we have an extensive knowledge of glove construction and materials. We have learned a lot over the years from building gloves for the bicycle, motorcycle, watersports, ski, snowboard, fishing, and other sports related industries. Each customer has specific requirements and we search out the best materials available. The reason we have been in business this long is proof of our reputation to making quality gloves.
EQC: In your quest to design the “Perfect” equestrian glove, what would its functionality requirements be?
Bob Bitzer: The perfect equestrian glove needs to feel like you are not wearing a glove at all. It should be lightweight and durable. Fit and comfort are key and the right balance of grip and control.
EQC: There are hundreds of riding gloves on the market – what makes Heritage Gloves stand out from the crowd?
Bob Bitzer: We are the relatively new glove company in the equestrian world, but after the last six years we have grown rapidly to being one of the top brands of riding gloves in the world. We have many top level riders in the US and internationally competing in our gloves. They give us a great platform for how our gloves are used and insight in how to continuously improved and evolve our gloves with new innovation. We are also very proud of the fact that Heritage Gloves has been the first and only Official Equestrian Glove of the United States Equestrian Federation. Their endorsement of our products from our very first year in business to present is a great testimonial of our company and gloves.
Our goal is to have a riding glove for every level rider regardless of discipline or experience through our wide selection of gloves.
EQC: What exciting new fabric technology is coming down the pike that will make a difference to the rider – Comfort? Durability?, Looks?
Bob Bitzer: All the synthetic leather materials we use were developed by our company specific for our gloves. SuperGrip, DeltaGrip and MicroTec were all pioneered by us. We continue to research, test and develop new fabrics for future styles of riding gloves.
EQC: More riders are concerned about sun damage. Have you addressed this issue?
Bob Bitzer: In the beginning when we introduced our gloves we addressed this issue, which is why we design our gloves to use the correct materials that are breathable, yet do not allow UV to pass through.
EQC: Lots of requests for gloves that peel back a finger for texting and SmartPhone use. Got anything in the Heritage line?
- Company Info
- About Equestrian Collections
- About our Website
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Testimonials
- Rewards Program
- Join the Mount Up to Rewards Program
- Rewards for You
- Affiliate Program
- Become an Equestrian Collections Affiliate
- Sponsorships & Fundraising
- My Account
- Order Tracking
- Returns and Exchanges
- Shipping Info
- We Care
- Eco-Conscious Products
- No Paper Catalogs - Save Trees