Frequently Asked Questions
- Order Status
- Payment Options
- Promotion Codes
- Return Policies
- What are your general return policies?
- How do I return an item?
- How long will it take to process?
- How will my money be credited to me?
- Footwear. Can I return it?
- Underwear. Can I return it?
- Custom items. Can I return them?
- Semi-Custom items. Can I return them?
- Saddles. Can I try out and return them?
- International Order. Can I return it?
- Outlet Items. Can I return them?
- Horse Blankets. Can I return them?
- Equestrian Collections Warranty
- Why did I get a Store Credit?
- Shipping Information
- What is 1-Way & 2-Way Premium Shipping?
- How are shipping rates calculated?
- Do you ship internationally?
- What are the international rates?
- What are the Canada shipping rates?
- What is rate for Australia/Indonesia?
- What is rate for Asia?
- What is the rate for Europe?
- What is the rate for Middle East?
- What is Rate for Scandinavia & Spain?
- What is the rate for the Caribbean?
- What is the rate to India and Pakistan?
- What is the rate to Korea?
- What is the rate for South America?
- What is the rate for Mexico?
- What is rate for South Africa?
- What is rate for Russia/ Eastern Europe
- What is $200 Free Shipping All About?
- Can I have multiple shipping addresses?
- When will I receive my order?
- Can I expedite a shipment?
- Footwear to return. How do I do that?
- Saddle to return. How do I do that?
- How do I change my shipping address?
- When should I insure my package?
- I won't be home when my package arrives?
- What is a default shipping address?
- Where will my package ship from?
- What about Insurance?
- Are there any customs & duty involved?
- What are Free Shipping Products?
- What is Express Shopping?
- Can I track my order on line?
- Do I need to create an account to order?
- How do I order?
- How do I add items to my cart?
- How can I remove an item?
- How do I check out?
- Is the ordering process secure?
- What about shipping?
- What about taxes?
- What guarantees do you have?
- What payment methods to you accept?
- When will my order arrive?
- What is Express Shopping?
- What are Blowout Products?
- How does the Myler Bit Rental Work?
- How do I edit my Credit Card?
- Credit Card Problems?
- Contact and Communication
- Recalls and Disclaimers
- Ways to Save
- EC Auctions
- Specials and Coupons
- Fundraising and Sponsorship
More About Equestrian Collections
- About Us
- About our website
- About our products
- About our brands
- About our customers
- Interested in Being One of Our Vendors?
Privacy and Security
- Your Privacy
- Your Security
- Children's Guidelines
Mount Up to Rewards
- Rewards for You
- About Mount Up to Rewards
Tips and Helpful Hints
- Tips for the Rider
- Choosing an Equestrian Sports Bra
- Boots, Boots, Boots - Which to Choose?!
- Riding Helmets & Safety Equipment
- Tips for Choosing a Winter Jacket
- Choosing Schooling Breeches
- Gifts for Your Trainer
- Fall Fashion Season!
- Getting Started: Equipment for Beginners
- About Full Seat Breeches
- Safety Tips for Hunting Season
- What to Wear to Your First Show!
- A-Circuit Trends on a Budget
- Made in the USA
- Fire Safety - Mitigation and Evacuation
- Your Fall Equestrian To-Do List
- Equestrian Undergarments
- Equestrian Fitness
- Tips for Horse
- Ask the Vet, Sallie S. Hyman VMD, DACVIM
- What do I do for an Equine Runny Nose?
- How do I Handle a Vaccine Reaction?
- What About Joint Supplements?
- How Hot is too Hot?
- Barn Biosecurity. Why it matters!
- Thrush. What is it? How do I treat it?
- Equine First Aid. What do I Need?
- Grazing Muzzles and Metabolic Syndrome
- Shoo Fly! Horses vs. Flies ...
- Equine Vital Signs. What's Normal?
- Sheath and Udder Cleaning
- Cribbing. How Do I Make it Stop?
- Saddle Pads. What Kind Should I Buy?
- Trailering 101
- Saddle Fitting
- To Blanket or Not to Blanket
- Equine Vaccination Basics
- Equine Leg Protection
- Mini Horse Health
- Equine Dental Health
- Stable Vices
- The Prepurchase Examination
- Foals: What to Watch For
- Pain Management
- Draft Horses
- Hay Basics
- Barn Safety
- Calming Supplements
- Cold Weather Riding
- Equine Hoof Abscesses
- Bute and Banamine
- Equine Internal Parasites
- Equine Endurance and Electrolytes
- Burn Injuries
- West Nile
- Cold Weather Care
- Cold Weather Care for the Senior Horse
- Equine Rhinitis Virus
- Equine Ulcers
- Rain Rot
- Fall Hazards: Red Maple Leaf Toxicity
- 2013 AAEP Convention
- "Heaves" What is it?
- Lyme Disease
- Fashion Focus
Super Sponsorship Affiliate Program
- Become a Super Sponsorship Affiliate
- Successful Sponsorship Affiliates are...
- Equestrian Non-Profits
- Equestrian Interest Portals
- Equestrian Community Sites
- Equestrian Dating Sites
- Equestrian Travel Sites
- Boarding & Training Barns
- Equestrian Content & Information Sites
- Equestrian Organization Sites - 1 level
- Equestrian Organization Sites - Multi
- Equestrian Clubs
- Horse Show Sites
- Equestrian Consumer Shows
- Equestrian Directories
- Equestrian Services Sites
- Equestrian College Sites
- How the Program Works for You...
- The Power of Super Sponsorship
- Monthly Payments
- Participation is Easy & Free
- Equestrian Collections Gives
- Eco-Conscious Products
- Save Trees - No Catalogs
Troxel Safety Resource Center
Tips for the Rider: Safety Tips for Hunting Season
Stay Safe During Deer Season!
With fall upon us, Equestrian Collections is delighted to talk with Mountain Horse about riding safely during hunting season. Here are some of our question and Mountain Horse's tips and advice.
EC: Many Equestrian Collections' customers love to hike and ride in the fall in wooded areas and over fields near where they keep their horses. What extra precautions should they take to ensure that they can be seen and be safe - their horses too, of course!
MH: During hunting season it's important to be visible in the woods. The best way for riders to protect themselves and their equine and canine companions is in the clothing and accessories that they wear, and the places that they chose to ride.
Wear vibrant orange. The more square inches of orange the better. Helmet covers are available in a variety of bright colors, including neon yellow and blaze orange. Orange safety vests are available for dogs in all sizes as well as bright orange quarter sheets for horses. (As a side note, remember bright orange safety halters for turnout if your pastures are anywhere near hunting areas. Better to be safe than sorry!)
EC: Are there any colors to avoid?
MH: Yes! Don't look like a deer! Avoid wearing anything brown or white. A flash of white can easily be mistaken for the white flag of a deer's tail.
EC: Where can we get riding gear that will help us be seen?
MH: Mountain Horse offers a variety of products this season that will help. Hunting season is your season for Mountain Horse! There are several jackets this season in a great orange color, so you can be seen, and be stylish at the same time.
EC: Most riders talk while they ride, so won't hunters hear them coming?
MH: Higher pitch noises carry further than voices. Definitely consider a bell attached to clothing, horse or dog, especially if you are riding alone when there will not be talking. Additionally, the sound of hoof beats is deadened by fallen leaves, so in the fall you'll want to make some additional noise.
EC: What are some other hints you could offer?
MH: A little extra planning and preperation will help to ensure a safe and enjoyable outing.
- Always let someone know where you are going and when you plan to return
- Take your cell phone, have a GPS system loaded on it if possible
- Stick with established trails during hunting season. Responsible hunters generally know where hiking and riding trails are located
- If possible, chose trails where hunting is not allowed
- DO NOT venture out on the first day of large game season
- Post the dates and rules for your state and local area in your barn
And remember to be courteous and respectful to hunters and non-hunters alike, so everyone can share and enjoy the woods!
- Company Info
- About Equestrian Collections
- About our Website
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Customer Testimonials
- Rewards Program
- Join the Mount Up to Rewards Program
- Rewards for You
- Affiliate Program
- Become an Equestrian Collections Affiliate
- Sponsorships & Fundraising
- My Account
- Order Tracking
- Returns and Exchanges
- Shipping Info
- We Care
- Eco-Conscious Products
- No Paper Catalogs - Save Trees